Donate | Contact | Search
- Keep in mind that this text- and keyboard-based protype works well, but we will need other ways to use the system, including mobile device support.
- PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK after you have gone through this tutorial & links. See the email address in the footer of this page, or the mailing lists.
- (I would love to even just hear how you are using OM.)
- Start OneModel. If you don't have an instance of OM installed, you can try the sandbox in the demo instance, or install your own.
- If you are launching a local OM (not the demo) for the first time, it will prompt you to create an initial entity. Put in your name or something.
- OM seems much easier to use if you first configure your terminal or command window to enable scrolling backward to see previous work, when needed.
- Now, note that the menu is divided into three parts:
- 1) The header, which starts with "===============", and has the current name & some other information (can be cryptic but sometimes very helpful),
- 2) The base menu, or numbers, from "1" to "0/ESC", and
- 3) The data menu (a, b, ...), which is dynamically generated based on the data you create.
- If you are in the online demo installation of OneModel, look for the entry for the "sandbox" and press its menu letter to view that "sandbox" entity.
- If you are not in the online demo of OM, press "1" and enter a name like "testing" or "sandbox", then press Enter, note its new menu letter, and press that key.
- You should now be in your sandbox entity.
- OM Basics: creating data, navigating, rearranging, editing
- OM Searching and Linking
- Other OM features
- Remember this is your data, you can rearrange things, easily build a structure, & organize in any way you want. Read the other menu options and try features.
- Read about "ideas for organizing information" *etc*, under "usage tips" below, or join the mailing list to discuss questions or ideas you may have.
- Usage tips / possible problems & solutions
- Vision and future plans: much more
- Documentation / Support
Copyright 2015-2016 Luke A. Call | OM Home | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (but for replies see the mailing lists)
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance.)