Donate | Contact | Search
Edit the file c:\program files\postgresql\9.5\data\pg_hba.conf (or the equivalent on your system).
- Before saving any changes, save a copy of the original named "...-original" or such, for referring back to later if needed.
- %%TODO: FIX NEXT LINE?: is it ok? what about macs? firewall takes care of the rest or...?
- Add this line to the end of the file (without quotes; the delimiting can be space(s) or tabs): "host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5"
- (Having more specific config lines than that, such as the Debian installation has, resulted in various errors including problems loading the pg_hba.conf file.)
- %%TODO: Do I need to explain here how to edit a text file? maybe just eliminate the need, instead (sqlite)? And/or explain what it means to "comment out"?
- Comment out all other lines, unless you know what they do and that you want that.
- Tell postgres to reload configuration: click Start, All Programs, Postgres, Reload Config. (You can hit Enter or close the box that says "server signaled".)
Copyright 2015-2021 Luke A. Call | OM Home
Contact (won't put you on a mailing list): firstname.lastname@example.org (but for replies see the mailing lists)
(Content generated selectively from a OneModel instance.)